Muse Dev is Hiring Software Engineers – All Levels
Muse Dev is a software start-up building an automated code quality platform that helps developers produce high-quality code by finding critical bugs early in the development process. We’re focused on providing a platform built for developers by developers that helps everyone write their best code, and we want everyone working here to share that passion.
Muse Dev is currently seeking entrepreneurial and inquisitive developers at all levels to help us build our first product. Come be a part of early technology decisions, architectural considerations, and instill your vision into the product. Applicants should have experience designing and building commercial-grade cloud software at all stages, from validating early product ideas to building stable and reliable systems. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a team and also capable of independent exploration, with good instincts for minimizing technical risk and communicating in a tight-knit highly-coupled development environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work on a wide array of tasks and use a variety of technology stacks
- Help research important technology choices
- Implement new features, improve product deployment experience, and help maintain internal DevOps infrastructure
- Creatively contribute ideas to a rapidly developing product
Key Skills and Experience
Below are the key skills and experience we think are important for these positions. We’re hiring at all levels though, so please apply if you think you’d be a fit on our team. Ultimately, we’re seeking smart, driven and creative engineers and that outweighs any specific skill.
Our Highest Priority Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Haskell, Java and familiarity with C/C++
- Ability to design, implement, and test new features in a multi-language code base of size.
- Experience integrating services using technologies such as REST interfaces, SQL and NOSQL databases, JSON, graphql, and protocol buffers
- Ability to use basic developer tooling such as git, GitHub, build systems, and shell scripts.
- Willingness to learn new languages, APIs, frameworks, and software
- Familiarity with Docker containers and volume management
Additional Interesting Skills & Experience
- Interest and/or experience in developing for and operating within cloud-based environments (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- Managing deployment using Kubernetes
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Go, or Scala
- Experience with distributed build systems (e.g. Bazel / Buck)
- Other advanced build system knowledge (e.g. familiar with the inner workings of at least one popular build system)
- Familiarity with static analysis tools
Life at Muse Dev
Muse Dev is a spin-out of Galois, a research and development company focused on developing trustworthy systems. At Muse, we collaborate with our customers to ensure we’re delivering products that not only meet their needs, but that do so in the most natural and unobtrusive way. Engineers at Muse have the opportunity to shape a new product, make key design decisions, and help us maintain a collaborative culture focused on mutual success.
We’re building a culture of collaboration, transparency, and a positive and supportive environment that enables us to create our best work. We believe teams work best when we focus on common goals while also affording each other the freedom and independence to decide how best we can contribute to achieving those goals. Our success depends on hiring individuals who share these values and work ethic, and so cultural fit is as important to us as alignment on skills and experience.
We’re offering competitive market salaries, meaningful stock options, flexible vacation and work-from-home policies, employer-paid health insurance and additional benefits to be established as we launch and grow.
Interested? Send us your resume and a cover email to introduce yourself and tell us why you think you might be a good fit for our team. Our email is email@example.com.